MacBook Air – My take on it.
Posted by sureshkrishna on January 27, 2008
MacBook Air is out in the market and as usual with a huge hype in the AIR. I am impressed by the ad in which take out the Air from a post cover. Thats awesome and it looks great as with any other MacBooks. Many of my techie freaks use Mac and they tell me that its a matter of “cool factor” and “feels great” during demos. I have been reading many of blogs and news about the MacBook Air and hope the following information helps you all.
Technical Specs :
- Intel Duo Processor : 1.6 GHz / 1.8 GHz (optional)
- RAM : 2 GB On Board
- HardDisk : 80GB (4200 RPM)
- Display : 13.3 inch
- Connectivity : Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Peripherals : USB, Audio Out, Micro-DVI, Integrated Camera
- Battery : 5 Hours
The important component that i would always look for is the price and it comes for a price of $1,799. For the folks who would want to get Mac just for the heck of it, its fine but for the general laptop buyers, its toooooooooo expensive. In the market where you would get a decent laptop for $500-$700, its too much to pay $1800 for a “world’s slimmest laptop”. Here is my take on the positive and negative aspects…
Its good to be :
- World’s slimmest Laptop
- Another Apple product that i would own
- Great to carry it while you are on road
- Excellent choice for frequent travellers
But, i would love to have :
- Built in CD/DVD drive (though you can get one as USB interface)
- Phone and Network (LAN) connectivity is needed
- Built in RAM cripples me after few years
Of course, if you would love to have the sleek laptop, you need to compromise in some of the regular features. I am sure everything else is available as an USB add-in. But in the end, we as buyers need to decide if its “Value for Money” ?